- Radio jingle
16 DAYS OF ACTIVISM
AGAINST VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
November 25th - Decembar 10th 2004.
PREVENTION OF VIOLENCE:
A PUBLIC HEALTH PRIORITY
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
the largest organization for coordination of international action in the field of public health:
that violence is a world leading public health problem.
from the members states to assess the problem of violence in their territories and to exchange information with the WHO on the problems and approaches to solving it.
THAT'S WHY WE ASK:
-early detection and comprehensive treatment of victims of domestic violence in primary health care;
-establishment of a comprehensive system of services for women victims of domestic violence and outside of the family on the local community level;
-integration of training for recognition of violence in mainstream curricula;
-defining priorities and working methods along with providing financial support for researches of the causes, consequences and prevention of violence.
THEY DON'T HAVE THE TRUST!
- COMPLETE MEDICAL RECORDS ON VIOLENCE IS NECESSARY TO MAKE ONE ACHIEVE HER RIGHTS.
- DIRECT DOCUMENTATION OF VIOLENCE BY HEALTH CARE WORKERS INCLUDES:
- information about the violent act, including the relationship with the known perpetrator;
- type of experienced violence;
- history of abuse;
- data on the examination (type, description and localization of injuries);
- other relevant medical information;
- making recommendations and final provisions.