64,35% women, out of 36500 surveyed think that the state should enact legislation to protect women from violence.
New goverment also REFUSES to include the amandmen on protection of women from domestic violence in the Criminal Code.
IF NOT THE STATE - WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?
WE DEMAND FROM THE STATE:
- laws that punish violence against women
- effective police interventions
- effective court procedures
- organized care from all institutions - health care institutions, police, judiciary, social welfare centers - for women who suffer domestic violence
- statistics of violence against women
- emergency accommodation and financial support for women who suffer domestic violence
- educational programs at all levels of the educational system
VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN - THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE STATE
Violence against women is any act based on sex that result in physical, psychological and sexual suffering of women, wheter it comes from the public or private life.
The STATE IS OBLIGED to denounce violence against women.